- Qualities of Movement/ Psychological Gesture
- Vocal work (Chekov shakes out and tornado, projection and enunciation)
- Columbian hypnosis and mirroring
- Textual investigation
- Meisner Continuation
- We just did a quick review of what happened yesterday, specifically on the qualities of movement.
- Meditation was good today, but I felt like I needed to find more balance and center. I probably would have benefitted from my own meditation ritual!
- The cast is going even deeper into their physicality which is great. Today I also asked them to bring in their voice and see how their chosen quality of movement would affect that. I found that Eric had a very compelling heartbeat rhythm to his physicality that translated well into his voice. Tom discovered some arrhythmia to Havilland that caused a lot of really awesome vocal variety.
- Today I taught them the shake out as a warm up technique for their voices. At first, they were very tentative about trusting each other to hold them up, but eventually they got into it a little more. I think that this exercise is really going to help them find a good vocal base from which to build. They also really enjoyed the tornado exercise. Both Tom and Eric said that it helped them figure out where their natural range is and what type of exclamations are vocally comfortable for them. However, Tom did crack his head on the stage, so I emphasized the importance of being gentle to their bodies.
- I was pleasantly surprised by the columbine hypnosis and mirroring exercise. Eric and Tom were very in tune with one another, and didn’t have any difficulty getting through their lines while mirroring. They also shared the lead almost seamlessly. I’m pleased that I won’t have to do too much relationship building between them!
- We spent a little bit of time investigating before Meisner, exactly what is implied in the script. We answered a lot of questions about the murders and the methods of murder, but there were several areas that I am still a little unclear on the implications of the text.
- Meisner was good again! We started where we left off last night. Tom and Eric are continuing to discover hidden meaning in the line, and I’m so excited to block them tomorrow!
Another awesome rehearsal!